Sunday, May 28, 2006

NWR/SCCA Regional #3



Title: Northwest Region SCCA - Regional #3 of the Fordahl Motorsports 2006 Solo II Series
Date: May 28, 2006
Location: Bremerton Motorsports Park
Results

NWR/SCCA - SCCA Regional #3


We left around 9:45am from Mill Creek for Bremerton Airport. We made pretty good time because traffic was low and we pretty much did an open 70 the whole way. It was raining for the drive south. Once a little past Seattle, it slowly stopped but I didn't get my hopes up too much since we had to head back north once we hit Tacoma. Even though the rain picked back up, it fizzled out by the time we arrived.

This being our first time there, we missed the turn off and pulled into the airport to get directions. It turns out you have to get off a bit before the airport, taking a couple back roads to the location, even though it's at the airport.

John and I ran first and worked second (drive first, work the course second). The day was pretty dry for the runs, and it started to drizzle a bit at the end of the first runs. But that didn't last long at all. Grace came along and took the photos, but crashed fell asleep in the car after we did our runs.

We got three runs and they went pretty smoothly, but I hit two cones in my second run, and one cone in my third. Not bad, but a little dissappointing. Either way, it was a lot of fun. Grace mentioned a Porsche did a spin-out...I missed that one.

After our three runs, we worked the course and things got pretty exciting. There were three good spin-outs, two of which happened right in front of me. I forget the first, the second was a white Miata. The third was totally wild. The car lost control coming up to the finish gate and spun out and nailed the timing lights with their rear tires. I was about 300 meters away, so I can't swear by the details on that one. All I can say for sure is the timing light launched about 10 feet+ into the air. Fortunately the timing light was fine.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be filming this Sunday's Autocross with one or two DV Camera's. It would have been nice to catch in-car footage but I don't think we have the proper equipment for that yet!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun to see new people so enthused about the sport. Welcome to the party. I hope you continue to enjoy it, learn more at each event, and stick around for more exciting adventures along the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home